Who can use
St. Mary’s health care services?
All facilities and services of St. Mary’s are open to everyone,
regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin,
disability, veteran status or ability to pay.
Is care at
St. Mary’s covered by my insurance plan?
St. Mary’s is contracted with most of the insurance plans
offered by employers in Northeast Georgia, including Blue Cross
and Blue Shield of Georgia. We also accept Medicare, Medicaid and
PeachCare for Kids (www.peachcare.org).
For a complete list of insurances accepted by St. Mary’s,
please see our up-to-date list on our insurance
page or contact our Managed Care Department at (706) 389-3880.
How do I sign up for classes?
- For baby-related classes and support groups, call St. Mary’s
Prenatal Class Registration Line,
- For CME, Diabetes, Defensive Driving and courses for health care providers (such as ACLS), call our Education office, (706) 389-2150.
- For aerobics, strength training, Pilates, Cardiac Rehab Phase III, Supervised Exercise, Post-Rehab and general fitness memberships, call our Wellness Center at (706) 389-3355.
should I call if I have a question about my bill?
Please call our Patient Financial Services office at
Where are you located?
See our Directions & Parking section for details.
- St. Mary's Hospital is located near the west end of Baxter Street near Alps Road. You can also reach us from driveways on Alps Road near Broad Street and on Broad Street near Alps Road.
- St. Mary's Highland Hills Retirement Community is located at 1660 Jennings Mill Road, between the Atlanta Highway and Ga. 316
- St. Mary's Home Health Care/Hospice office is located at 1500 Oglethorpe Avenue in the Resource Medical Park, but you don't need to visit them there; our staff comes to you!
- St. Mary's Industrial Medicine is located in the Resource Medical Park at 1500 Oglethorpe Avenue, just east of Loop 10/Athens Perimeter.
- St. Mary's Outpatient Diagnostic, Rehab and Wellness Center is located just off Ga. 316 at 2470 Daniells Bridge Road. From Athens, take Ga. 316 to the Oconee Connector, turn left, turn left at the first traffic light onto Daniells Bridge Road and go 0.6 miles to The Exchange on the left. This facility includes outpatient radiology, wellness center, outpatient rehabilitation, sleep disorders center and an outpatient blood draw lab.
Where can I park?
St. Mary’s Hospital: St. Mary's Hospital: Please park on the Baxter Street side of the hospital, near the main entrance, in the parking deck. There is a small fee for parking at St. Mary's Hospital. We strive
to provide ample parking for our patients and visitors.
St. Mary’s Outpatient Diagnostic, Rehab & Wellness Center: Plenty of free, surface-level parking is available in front of the main entrance.
St. Mary’s Highland Hills community: Visitors are welcome to park near the main entrance or in any marked parking area on campus. Please do not park in spaces reserved for residents.
St. Mary’s Hospice House: Parking is available in front of the facility. Please park in any non-reserved spot.
St. Mary’s Industrial Medicine: Free parking is available in front of the main entrance.
St. Mary’s Home Health Care/Hospice Services office: Free parking is available in front of the main entrance. Enter by descending the stairs or use the elevator inside the building to the left of the stairs.
I’m worried about
a health condition. Can I just come see you?
- If you need emergency care, please come to our Emergency Center, which is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. If you need care urgently, don't try to drive yourself, call 911. You should seek emergency care only for serious conditions such as heart attack, stroke, severe bleeding, broken bones, etc. For health problems that are not emergencies - sore throats, ear aches, minor fevers - please see your doctor.
- If you need medical testing such as diagnostic imaging, EKG, sleep study, lab work, rehabilitation, etc., you will need a physician's order; please talk to your doctor. If you need help finding a physician, please visit our Find a Doctor page
or call us at (706) 389-3497.
- If you need a mammogram, St. Mary's offers self-referral service, often on
the same day you call. You can schedule your mammogram to be done at either
St. Mary's Hospital or at St. Mary's Outpatient Diagnostic, Rehab and
Wellness Center at The Exchange just of Ga. 316. Call (706) 389-2700.
How can I find a baby picture online?
To protect the privacy of our moms, dads and babies, St. Mary's does not post newborn photos on our website. However, if you are a parent or parent-to-be, we make it easy for you to share pictures of your newborn through a premium service called Bella Baby Photography. Bella Baby sends professional photographers to St. Mary's every day to take beautiful, intimate portraits of new babies. If you request this service, photos from your session will be posted in a password-secured section of Bella Baby's website where you — and those with whom you share the password — can view them for two weeks while deciding if you wish to place an order. To find out more, visit bellababyphotography.com
Is St. Mary’s accredited?
St. Mary's and its services are accredited by a number of organizations, including the Joint Commission on the Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations. St. Mary's was most recently granted reaccredidation in 2006, and has been continuously accredited since 1954. Please see our Accreditation and licensing page for details.
How does St. Mary’s protect my rights and privacy?
St. Mary's fully complies with state and federal regulations, as well as health care industry best practices, regarding patient rights, responsibilities and privacy. All patients receive detailed information at registration. For more information, go to our Rights and Responsibilities page or call Health Information Services at (706) 389-3365.