Visitors are especially welcome at St. Mary’s. We know how much your presence means to a loved one who is in the hospital, so we go the extra mile to make you comfortable. Here is a quick look at essential information you, as a visitor, need to know. Please talk to the patient’s nurse if you have any questions, or call our 100 Percent Line anytime, day or night, at (706) 389-3000, ext. 100.
- General visiting hours: 10 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Special arrangements should be made for visitors under the age of 14 to most units.
- Fathers of newborns are not visitors at St. Mary’s; you may stay with your wife and new baby. Our LDRP rooms are designed to accommodate you, with special full-size pull-out beds, Internet connections, and more. Be sure to check out our guest meal trays and our Gourmet selections for a special celebration dinner.
- Close family members are welcome to visit mothers and new babies. Close family members include grandparents and brothers and sisters of the newborn.
- Parents/guardians are encouraged to stay with children who are inpatients at St. Mary’s.
- To ensure the well-being of our patients, some units – such as ICU – limit visitation. In addition, visitation for certain patients may be limited, based on their individual needs. Please check with the unit where your friend or loved one is a patient before visiting.
- During surgery, family members may wait in the patient’s room or two family members may wait in the surgery waiting room on the 2nd Floor. Our staff will relay messages to family members when possible.
- St. Mary’s provides a smoke-free environment for its patients, staff and visitors.
- People with colds, sore throats or any contagious diseases should not visit patients.
- Visitors and patients should be considerate of others and help St. Mary’s keep a quiet environment conducive to healing.
- Visitors are encouraged to park in the surface parking lot beside the main
Baxter Street entrance or in the parking deck. There is a small fee for
parking at St. Mary's Hospital.
- Visitors arriving outside of general visiting hours should enter and exit through the Emergency Center.
- Visitors are welcome at St. Mary’s Garden Café Cafeteria, located on the 1st Floor. Payment is cash only. Services include a salad bar, hot entrees, grill, deli, beverages, desserts, and ready-made salads and sandwiches. Not all services are available at all operating hours.
Cafeteria serving hours are:
Weekdays: 6:30 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Weekends: 7:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Cafeteria closes from 10:00 a.m. until 11:00 a.m. every day.
- Vending machines are located in the Emergency Center waiting room, in the staff elevator lobby on the 1st Floor, and on Sister Sara’s Patio outside the cafeteria.
- Now accepting cash, credit and debit cards!
St. Mary’s Gift Shop
The St. Mary’s Gift Shop sells toiletries, flowers, cards, magazines, clothing and gift items. It is located on the 1st Floor beside the Atrium Lobby. The Gift Shop is open from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday and Friday; 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday; and 1-5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. The Gift Shop accepts phone orders and all major credit cards. (706) 389-2548.
Visitors are invited to use our Chapel for prayer and reflection. It is located just off the Atrium Lobby on the 1st Floor.
Jittery Joe’s Café at St. Mary’s
Jittery Joe’s Café is open for business in the St. Mary’s Hospital atrium lobby. Jittery Joe’s provides traditional “bookstore coffee shop fare,” including hot and cold coffee drinks, teas and chai lattes, plus a limited offering of pastries. Hours may vary. Jittery Joe’s generously donates a portion of proceeds from the coffee bar to St. Mary’s Foundation to support St. Mary’s mission, values and services. Please contact 706-389-3926 for more information.