There's no place like St. Mary's to bring your baby into the world!
Just ask Jill and Jackson Michael, whose triplets were born at St. Mary's Family Birth Center.
St. Mary’s is recognized for excellence...
In obstetrics: WomenCertified ranks St. Mary’s as one of America’s Best Hospitals for Patient Experience in Obstetrics in 2013. Learn more here
In lactation: To learn more about the International Board of Certified Lactation Consultants (IBCLC) and the role certified lactation consultants play in our care, watch this video.
Compassionate care with five-star comfort and state-of-the-art facilities.
St. Mary's beautiful Family Birth Center provides 19 Labor - Delivery - Recovery - Postpartum rooms. These spacious rooms provide an abundance of space for you and your family, including a full-size pull-out bed for Dad, jacuzzis in most rooms, Internet connections and more.
Most women having uncomplicated deliveries will be able to stay in the same room from admission to discharge - no more being shuffled from room to room!
Our Family Birth Center staff is fully trained in cesarean delivery and our dedicated c-section surgery is just a few steps from your main room, so you can get the care you and your baby need all without leaving the Family Birth Center.
- Large, private rooms. St.
Mary's beautiful new Family Birth Center provides
19 Labor - Delivery - Recovery - Postpartum rooms
(LDRP). These spacious rooms provide plenty of space
for you and your family, including a full-size
pull-out bed for Dad, jacuzzis in most rooms, Internet
connections and more.
- One room for all stages of labor and recovery! Most women having uncomplicated deliveries will be able to stay in the same room from admission to discharge - no more being shuffled from room to room.
- On-unit C-section suite. Our
Family Birth Center staff is fully trained in cesarean
delivery. Our dedicated c-section surgery is just
a few steps from your LDRP room, so you can get
the care you and your baby need all without leaving
the Family Birth Center.
- Expert, compassionate nursing staff. Our nursing staff includes more nationally and internationally certified nurses than any other birthing facilities in our region. We emphasize, skill, caring and continuing education. Our Family Birth Center staff won the 2004 ADVANCE for Nurses award for Best Nursing Team in staff education.
- Comfort and safety. St. Mary's sophisticated equipment and the most up-to-date anesthesia medicines and techniques to make birthing safer and more comfortable. The equipment hides away until it is needed. Our Family Birth Center also includes the latest patient safety equipment and protocols to provide the most secure facility possible for you and your baby.
- Well-baby nursery. St. Mary's encourages you and your baby to stay together in your LDRP. But for those times when you would like to take a break, the Joe Ann Mitchell Newborn Nursery is here. Located right beside our nurses station, your baby is in good hands while you bathe or catch-up on sleep.
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. St. Mary's updated its NICU services
in 2005 with the creation of a large, beautiful
unit at the top of the 2005 expansion. Spacious
rooms, bright colors and natural cycles of day
and night augment the skilled, high-tech care
for premature infants and babies with other significant
health problems at birth. For more information,
- Education. From childbirth preparation classes to one-on-one consultation to help with breastfeeding, St. Mary's is here for you. We want all families to go home with the knowledge they need to take care of their new baby.
For the latest class schedule, click here.
To register, call (706) 389-3389 today. You can also call toll-free from anywhere in Georgia: (800) 491-4677
We encourage all patients to pre-register for services to ensure a quicker check-in process. To fill out the pre-registration form, click here.
A note about online baby pictures
Looking for online baby pictures? To protect the privacy of our moms, dads and babies, St. Mary's does not post newborn photos on our website. However, if you are a parent or parent-to-be, we make it easy for you to share pictures of your newborn through a premium service called Bella Baby Photography. Bella Baby sends professional photographers to St. Mary's every day to take beautiful, intimate portraits of new babies. If you request this service, photos from your session will be posted in a password-secured section of Bella Baby's website where you — and those with whom you share the password — can view them for two weeks while deciding if you wish to place an order. To find out more, visit bellababyphotography.com.