St. Mary’s to host EMS Conference Nov. 28
Athens, Ga. – St. Mary’s Health Care System will host a free educational conference for emergency medical services personnel on Tuesday, Nov. 28, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at St. Mary’s Hospital, 1230 Baxter St., Athens.
St. Mary’s biannual EMS Conferences provide useful and relevant information for EMTs, paramedics and first responders throughout Northeast Georgia. Others who respond to health emergencies or who work in healthcare also are welcome.
Continuing education credits for EMS personnel will be available through the Georgia Office of EMS and Trauma for hours attended. Breakfast, lunch and refreshments will be provided. Free parking will be available.
Featured speakers will be:
- Clay Chappell, MD, interventional cardiologist with Oconee Heart and Vascular Center and medical director of St. Mary’s Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory. Topic: “Emergency management of cardiac arrhythmias.”
- Adrienne Baker, representative of Perdue Pharma. Topic: “Lawful prescribing and the prevention of diversion.”
- Michael Woodall, MD, neurosurgeon with Georgia Neurological Surgery & Comprehensive Spine. Topic: “Update on interventional stroke treatment.”
- Nathan Whiteman, Special agent with the Federal Bureau of Investigation. Topic: “Human Trafficking.”
- Tresa Chappell, pediatrician with Hometown Pediatrics and St. Mary’s chief of pediatrics. Topic: “Little kids, big problems.”
To help with planning, registration is requested. To reserve your place, please contact John Sartain, EMS liaison, by Nov. 24 at 706.389.3986 or firstname.lastname@example.org