Nurse Residency Program
St. Mary’s Health Care System is proud to offer a program to help newly licensed nurses successfully transition into clinical practice. We have partnered with the Vizient/AACN Nurse Residency Program™ to provide resources to help new nurses gain confidence and increase competence during this 12-month program.
As a newly licensed nurse, you will receive mentoring from an experienced nurse, build relationships with peers and participate in engaging learning experiences in a supportive environment.
The interactive sessions using evidence-based curriculum will increase your ability to:
- Transition from entry-level, advanced beginner nurse to competent professional nurse
- Develop clinical autonomy at point of patient care
- Use effective decision-making skills
- Strengthen professional commitment to nursing
- Formulate an individualized professional development plan
As a St. Mary’s Nurse Resident, you will participate in the following activities:
- Nurse Residency Orientation immediately following hospital orientation
- Monthly seminars and learning activities
- Evidence-based practice initiative related to unit specialty
While this program extends throughout the Nurse Resident’s first year of practice, it lays the foundation for a successful nursing career for many years to follow.
For more information about the Nurse Residency Program, please contact Laura P. Childs, RN, Nurse Residency Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 706-389-2164.
To apply to jobs at St. Mary’s Health Care System, visit our careers page.