St. Mary’s is proud to be certified by the Joint Commission as a total knee replacement center.
The Joint Replacement Center at St. Mary’s offers state-of-art services and a staff committed to providing high-quality, compassionate care. We work to help our patients get back to their highest level of function as soon as possible.
This specialized care includes:
- Extensive patient and family education
- An individualized plan of care that lets each patient know what to expect at every step from diagnosis to recovery
- The area’s only inpatient Center for Rehabilitative Medicine providing group interaction, meals and therapy during the patient’s hospital stay
- Outpatient Rehab and post-rehabilitative services through St. Mary’s Wellness Center
- Joint Support Group to encourage the fullest possible recovery and return to a more active lifestyle
Expertise and advanced care
Orthopedic surgeons at St. Mary’s annually conduct more than 1,500 inpatient surgeries and 1,000 total joint procedures. Physicians from various states and five countries have visited St. Mary’s for training and valuable insight into the most current techniques for minimally invasive surgeries and rapid recoveries.
Your recovery is our mission. St. Mary’s recognizes the unique needs and challenges for patients undergoing and recovering from orthopedic surgery. State-of-the-art equipment and services are utilized to support an even faster recovery time than ever before. Depending on your needs, St. Mary’s can offer inpatient rehabilitation, home health care services, outpatient rehabilitation, and a wellness center for lifelong maintenance. Our continuum of care can get you back to a higher quality of life.
For more information on St. Mary’s orthopedic services or continuum of care please call 706-389-3892.
Spine surgery is an important component of orthopedic surgery. St. Mary’s is the first hospital in the Athens area to earn the Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval for Spine Surgery. Learn more about our neck, back & spine services and our O-arm Multidimensional Imaging System.
Anterior Hip Replacements
If you have any questions or would like to learn more about Anterior Hip Replacements at St. Mary’s, please call Beth Ricketson, RN at (706)389-3610.