St. Mary’s Endoscopy Center, located on the first floor of St. Mary’s hospital, provides high quality nursing care with experienced staff, state-of-the-art facilities and the newest technology for patients needing endoscopic procedures.
Endoscopic procedures use tiny digital cameras attached to a flexible tube (endoscopes), allowing physicians to see inside a patients’ gastrointestinal tract on a video screen. The cameras help physicians identify polyps, inflammation, ulcers and tumors, and diagnose gastrointestinal conditions.
- Colonoscopy – looks at the large and small intestines
- EGD – observes the upper GI track
- ERCP – looks at portions of the liver, pancreas and gallbladder
- Bronchoscopy – examine the trachea and lungs.
Now offering Navigation and Ultrasound Guided Bronchoscopy!
- Bravo pH studies – measures esophageal pH levels and helps determine acid reflux
Recovery time for these procedures usually lasts only 30-45 minutes. During this time and before the procedure, patients can relax in spacious, naturally lit private rooms with specialized nursing care.
Colorectal cancer screening saves lives! If you are over the age of 50, ask your physician for a colonoscopy referral.
Get the facts on colorectal cancer.