Visitor Information & Gift Shop
Visitors are especially welcome at St. Mary’s. We know how much your presence means to a loved one who is in the hospital, so we go the extra mile to make you comfortable. Here is a quick look at essential information you, as a visitor, need to know. Please talk to the patient’s nurse if you have any questions, or call our 100 Percent Line anytime, day or night, at (706) 389-3000, ext. 100.
- General visiting hours: 10 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Anyone with flu, cough, cold, sore throat or any contagious disease should not visit patients.
- Special arrangements should be made for visitors under the age of 14 to most units.
- Fathers of newborns are not visitors at St. Mary’s; you may stay with your wife and new baby. Our LDRP rooms are designed to accommodate you, with special full-size pull-out beds, Internet connections, and more. Be sure to check out our guest meal trays and our Gourmet selections for a special celebration dinner.
- Close family members are welcome to visit mothers and new babies. Close family members include grandparents and brothers and sisters of the newborn.
- Parents/guardians are encouraged to stay with children who are inpatients at St. Mary’s.
- To ensure the well-being of our patients, some units – such as ICU – limit visitation. In addition, visitation for certain patients may be limited, based on their individual needs. Please check with the unit where your friend or loved one is a patient before visiting.
- During surgery, family members may wait in the patient’s room or two family members may wait in the surgery waiting room on the 2nd Floor. Our staff will relay messages to family members when possible.
- St. Mary’s provides a smoke-free environment for its patients, staff and visitors.
- Visitors and patients should be considerate of others and help St. Mary’s keep a quiet environment conducive to healing.
- Visitors can park in the parking deck. There is a small fee for parking at St. Mary’s Hospital. There is handicapped parking in the deck and in front of the Outpatient Surgical Center
- Visitors arriving outside of general visiting hours must enter and exit through the Emergency Department.
- Visitors are welcome at St. Mary’s Garden Café, located on the 1st Floor. Payment is cash only. Services include a salad bar, hot entrees, grill, deli, beverages, desserts, and ready-made salads and sandwiches. Not all services are available at all operating hours.
- Visitors are invited to use our Chapel for prayer and reflection. It is located just off the Atrium Lobby on the 1st Floor.
Cafe serving hours
Weekdays: 6:30 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Weekends: 7:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Temporarily cash only for non-employees. We’re sorry for the inconvenience and hope to restore credit/debit card service by June 1, 2019. An ATM is located in our Visitor Elevator B lobby on the 1st Floor
- Vending machines are located in the Emergency Department waiting room, 1st Floor staff elevator lobby, and on Sister Sara’s Patio outside the café. (Note: patio doors are locked when café is closed.)
St. Mary’s Gift Shop
St. Mary’s Gift Shop sells gifts for patients and loved ones, including flowers, balloons, cards, clothing, handbags, jewelry, toiletries, snacks and drinks. Flowers can be delivered within the hospital at no extra charge. The shop is located on the 1st Floor beside the Atrium Lobby and is open 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday and 1-5 p.m. on Saturday. We are closed on Sunday and holidays. Summer hours may vary. We accept phone orders and all major credit cards.
- Note: to protect patient safety, flowers cannot be delivered to critical care units (ICU, NCCU and NICU).
Jittery Joe’s Café at St. Mary’s
Jittery Joe’s Café is open for business in the St. Mary’s Hospital atrium lobby. Jittery Joe’s provides traditional “bookstore coffee shop fare,” including hot and cold coffee drinks, teas and chai lattes, plus a limited offering of pastries. Hours may vary. Jittery Joe’s generously donates a portion of proceeds from the coffee bar to St. Mary’s Foundation to support St. Mary’s mission, values and services. Please contact 706-389-3926 for more information.